Here’s what to look for and how to take care of your most intimate essentials.
When investing in lingerie make quality, comfort and fit a priority. It’s all about creating a great foundation so your clothes look good on top.
- Get fitted! Most lingerie departments and specialty shops have experts who are there to help you find the right size of bras and shapewear. So don’t be shy-ask for advice.
- Every wardrobe should include basics that include seamless underwear and simple designs with minimal details. The bottom line is to create a smooth silhouette.
- Colour matters. Wear dark colours under dark clothing and light tones under light fabrics.
- Everyone should own at least one nude t-shirt bra! It’s the little black dress of lingerie.
Fine lingerie with details like satin, lace, ribbons, bows and beading all need special care. Even cotton lingerie and sport bras will last longer if you follow these simple tips.
- Read the care labels before you buy. Generally, hand washing is recommended.
- Soak pieces (keep dark and light knickers separate) in cool or lukewarm water with a gentle washing powder making sure the powder is completely dissolved.
- Rinse in lukewarm water.
- Prefer machine washing? Then make sure to use a mesh lingerie bag to prevent twisting and bunching and make sure to fasten bra hooks so they don’t catch on any lace or fragile details.
- Set the temperature on low and use the short delicate cycle.
- Roll garments in a towel to remove excess water and let air dry on a flat surface. Padded bras should be gently re-shaped and hung to dry.