Team Player (Sales Associate)
The Team Player is to deliver a great client experience through assessing needs, product education and engaging communication to provide a personalized shopping environment.
This position does not have direct report responsibilities
Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (% of Time, Essential/Marginal Function)
- Greet customers to assess customer needs and provide an exceptional shopping experience. (40%, Essential)
- Describe footwear and apparel technology to ensure customers are making informed decisions for their purchase. (25%, Essential)
- Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customer needs. (5%, Essential)
- Maintain knowledge of sales, promotions, and policies regarding purchases and exchanges or returns. (5%, Essential)
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of footwear and apparel to maximize sales goals. (10%, Essential)
- Watch for and recognize security risks as well as know how to prevent or handle security situations. (5%, Marginal)
- Maintain store appearance by straightening, sizing, and refolding merchandise to create exceptional shopping experience. (5%, Marginal)
- Support with the processing of shipment of merchandise by sensoring, repricing, and filling the sales floor with product to sell to customers. (5%, Marginal)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Uphold a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of selling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics including addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication and their applications.
- Ability to conduct self in a professional and respectful manner with customers and employees.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High sense of urgency.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime in order to fit business needs.
- 1+ years of experience in specialty or luxury retail and/or customer service.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, etc.
- Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and squat the majority of the work shift
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
Retail Locations: Works with the public in an indoor location that is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered moderate.