SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR + STYLE ADVISOR
OAK + FORT is a fashion and lifestyle brand that provides attainable luxuries consisting of modern essentials in full collections of womenswear, menswear, accessories, jewelry and homeware.
Our first stores opened in Vancouver, BC in 2010. Today, OAK + FORT has expanded across Canada and the US with over 20 stores throughout North America.
An ambitious and like-minded individual who has a strong interest in fashion and social media. As the Social Media Content Creator for your store location, you have the opportunity to create content for your own social media accounts while assisting in building OAK + FORT's presence in the digital space. In addition, as a Style Advisor, you will be an integral part of your in-store sales team, creating exceptional experience for our retail clients.
All interested applicants must share links to your social media accounts for reference. Instagram and TikTok links are a requirement, but you are also welcomed to share links to your YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, blog, etc. if you have them. Your social media accounts will serve as a portfolio for your application, demonstrating your passion, creativity and experience in creating fashion related social media content. This is a part-time position. Candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week.
Social Media Content Creator
- Develop visually compelling, relevant, and product focused sales driving content for your own social media platforms that is engaging for the target audience.
- Monitor and submit analytics weekly after posting, identifying areas of success and areas of improvement.
- Post compelling content across your multiple social media accounts, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok, utilizing unique captions, trending hashtags and other methods that attract engagement and discoverability.
- Be constantly learning and staying up to date on the latest social media app updates. Willing to use and learn new emerging platforms.
- Engage with prospective customers in your comment sections and your DMs. Gather your audience's feedback to ascertain their insights.
- Utilize social media best practices, including but not limited to implementing a well-researched hashtag strategy for your posts.
- Adhere to the Marketing Calendar, creating imagery and video well in advance of the scheduled post-date. Be prepared to accept spur-of-the-moment assignments to quickly capture short-term trending concepts.
- Remain open to constructive feedback that may require adjusting content aesthetic, layouts, storyboards, pitches or pre-created content.
- Seriously impact sales through application of OAK + FORT sales culture.
- Be obsessed with creating world-class experiences for our clients.
- Form real, lasting connections with your clients and co-workers.
- Be a brand ambassador by keeping up with new arrivals, product knowledge, and wearing current merchandise.
- Share your deep knowledge about the OAK + FORT brand with genuine enthusiasm.
- Build our team by welcoming and supporting the onboarding of new employees.
- Build relationships with your store team, peers and relevant partners.
- Champion the operational systems in place to ensure our stores function effectively.
- Champion proper presentation of merchandise in accordance with corporate directives.
- Efficiently and accurately support with shipping and receiving of merchandise.
- Champion stock room organization.
- Support cleanliness and maintenance of physical store to create a safe and comfortable shopping experience.
- Adhere to loss prevention policies to prevent external and internal theft.
- Process cash desk operations with engagement, efficiency and accuracy.
- Work hard but have fun!
- A passion and interest in fashion is a must!
- A strong understanding of fashion and an ability to style outfits while incorporating new trends.
- A good understanding of the OAK + FORT and a connection to our aesthetic.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge in the social media landscape is essential. You stay up to date on the latest trends, love editing images and videos using various apps on your phone, enjoy curating a cohesive feed using a scheduling app, and strive to engage and build your social media following. You aspire to be a social media influencer.
- Ability to communicate with an external audience, representing OAK + FORT as a brand ambassador in a polished manner.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage and meet deadlines.
- Results driven, energetic, resourceful and proactive with superior interpersonal skills. You should be a natural self-starter, hardworking and ambitious.
- An outgoing personality. A passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience and a good understanding of Instagram and TikTok analytics is an asset.
- An interest in marketing is an asset.
- Experience working in the fashion retail industry is an asset.
- Monday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm