The Store Manager acts as if he or she is the business owner and has ultimate responsibility* for the daily operations of the store. The Store Manager is accountable for effectively teaching, training and coaching store management into a high performing leadership team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Store Manager is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Store Manager
REPORTS TO: District Manager
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
SUPERVISES: Store Management, Store Associates
- Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses American Eagle Outfitters' Core values.
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently model the brand customer service standards and Customer First selling behaviours.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behaviour standards.
- Build and support effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to effectively lead positive change. Lead the management team through effective implementation of all AEO performance management tools and processes (IDP, MPI, Success Factors, MDP, etc.)
- Lead productive weekly leadership meetings that align with and drive the business strategy.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
Drive for Results
- Create and manage the execution of the store business plan to drive KPI results and maximize business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
- Manage the controllable components of the P&L to achieve all store financial and expense targets.
- Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
- Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
- Lead the use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results (BOSS, Store to Door, Social Media).
- Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a daily basis using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
- Build customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing management and associate team.
- Teach, train and coach the store management team through successful completion of MDP to develop future leaders for the company.
- Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback on LOD skills, job accountabilities and Success Factors through real-time coaching, scheduled touchbases, individual development planning and the performance review process.
- Develop succession plans to ensure career paths for all associates; encourage associates to pursue internal opportunities.
- Lead the annual review process for store management and associate team.
- Manage all compensation decisions in partnership with the District Manager.
- Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensure that the store management team adheres to and enforces all employment practices and policies.
- Recognize and properly resolve customer and performance issues; communicate high priority issues to the District Manager in a timely manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Lead all visual directives, ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
- Generate and analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
- Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problemsolving & planning skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, provincial and local requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and competing priorities.
- Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training, sales generation and leading of functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (subject to applicable law), to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Computer and technology proficient.
*In locations where the Store Manager reports into a General Manager, the General Manager has ultimate responsibility for the store.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm