The Stock Lead is responsible for maximizing the store selling potential by effectively training and supervising Stock and Sales Associates on all merchandise handling processes. The Stock Lead assists the store management team in ensuring the stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) is flawlessly executed and the store achieves brand standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising. The Stock Lead is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Stock Lead
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Full or Part Time
SUPERVISES: Stock Associates
- Lead role in training, developing, and coaching Stock and Sales Associates on the merchandise handling skills needed to consistently achieve brand productivity standards for shipment processing, replenishment, markdowns and merchandising.
- Support the store management team in driving flawless execution of the stockroom standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure efficient and effective processes in order to maximize productivity and sales.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals to Stock and Sales Associates and hold team and self accountable for achieving them.
- Provide store management with productivity updates; proactively identify and communicate feedback on Associate performance.
- Champion internal recognition and company contests.
- Lead efficient and effective shipment processing by making sure associates are following processing and placement guidelines and achieving units per hour productivity expectations.
- Coach associates when productivity expectations are not being met, and provide performance feedback upward to management team.
- Collaborate with store management to direct appropriate placement of product on sales floor during weekly shipments and floorsets.
- Understand and adhere to AEO visual standards in order to maximize merchandise presentations when flowing product from the stockroom to the sales floor.
- Partner with store leadership to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed to include Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Communicate merchandising opportunities to store management as identified through replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store; recommend and execute merchandising adjustments in compliance with AEO visual standards.
- Oversee and execute markdowns and re-ticketing in the stockroom and on the sales floor; update store leadership on compliance.
- Perform audit and transfer of damaged and defective merchandise.
- Inform store leadership of shipment and stockroom fixture supply needs.
- Maintain and support safety standards on sales floor and in the stockroom; communicate safety concerns to store leadership.
- Support store and company level strategies to reduce shrink; observe and monitor for signs of shrink and advise management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of stock experience preferred.
- Team leader experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team. - Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Ability to stand and move about for long periods of time; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (subject to applicable law) to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm