The Assistant Store Manager is the second tier of management responsible for the successful operation of a store that produces $400,000-$4,000,000 annual sales. In this capacity, the Assistant Manager is tasked with achieving performance and profit goals as directed by the Store Manager and ensuring that operational procedures, company policies, and governmental regulations are communicated to and followed by store associates.
RESPONSIBILITIES (SPECIFIC DUTIES):
- Achieve assigned store P&L objectives as directed by the Store Manager.
- Achieve individual sales, profitability, shrink and special program goals.
- Drive store sales and repeat business.
- Support promotional programs and pricing strategies consistent with company guidelines.
- Demonstrate and ensure quality customer service is consistently delivered.
- Handle customer complaints with a sense of urgency and good judgment.
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that operational procedures, company policies, and governmental regulations are communicated to and followed by associates.
- Assist in recruiting, screening and qualifying applicants for store level positions.
- Partner with Store Manager to schedule staff and to delegate tasks as needed.
- Monitor, coach, train and provide performance feedback to staff as appropriate and document daily sales results of store and associates where necessary.
- Adhere to and reinforce the company's Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Protect company assets through inventory counts and loss prevention procedures. These include specific daily and monthly counting of specific inventory.
- Communicate pertinent issues to Store Manager both verbal and written.
- Set store merchandising plan-o-grams, signage, displays, and POP.
- Maintain store appearance and cleanliness.
- Assists in completing inventories and new store openings.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with company, mall and or strip opening and closing regulations.
- Use the Performance Summary Report to track results and set a plan for improvement.
- Use the Game Planner as an organizational and communication tool.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Second tier manager responsible to supervise store associates in the Store Manager's absence.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university or 4 years related experience and/or training is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills.
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers, and superiors.
- Ability to calculate discounts and percentages.
- Ability to apply basic arithmetic, algebra and geometry concepts.
- Reasoning ability using both logic and deduction.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to formulate solutions to people problems.
- Problem-solving and decision making.
Must be proficient on the POS upon completion of training.
- Outgoing personality and professional appearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to treat others with respect and dignity.
- Ability to participate in two-way communications, including telephone communications.
- Ability to open and close the store.
- Ability to ensure proper completion of necessary paperwork.
- Ability to accurately track the store's physical inventory.
- Exhibit team building and team leadership qualities.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, diverse work environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - Ability to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl and crouch.
- Ability to frequently lift and move up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb and retrieve from high places from a ladder.
- Ability to work in a moderately noisy environment.
- Ability to use hands to feel, grip and hold, as well as reach with arms.
- Vision abilities include color, distance, depth, close, and peripheral, as well as ability to adjust focus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Tuesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Victoria Day - May 23, 2022 11:00am - 7:00pm