As a Keyholder, you are an integral support to the management team, assisting in all personnel, product and merchandising functions, business processes and results for the store.
You demonstrate outstanding customer service and assume responsibility for total store operations when acting as Manager on Duty, leading by example and coaching the team to achieve and surpass store and individual targets for sales and key performance indicators, while operating in compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as Brand and visual presentation standards.
Leading Business Results:
- Accountable for achieving and surpassing store business targets, including sales and productivity measures, labour management, customer satisfaction and inventory shrinkage as well as personal sales objectives.
- Maintain awareness of mall, competitors or community activities that could impact business results; communicate information to the Store Manager.
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation in recognizing and reacting to the changing business environment.
Leading Brand & Visual Presentation Excellence:
- Adhere to, and enforce, dress guidelines to properly represent the Brand.
- Communicate and support brand, promotional, product and visual directives and standards as set out corporately.
- Ensure staff is well versed in the features and benefits of merchandise through regular product knowledge sessions.
Leading Sales & Operational Excellence:
- Support the Store Manager in conducting staff meetings.
- Support the Store Manager in the planning and execution of inventory cycle counts.
- Support the Store Manager in the execution and follow-up of loss prevention action plans
- Exemplify the company's vision, mission, values and brand behaviors; lead by example at all times.
- Adhere to and enforce the Code of Conduct and all other Company policies & procedures.
- Support corporate expectations and systems and ensure proper execution of company initiatives, providing feedback to the Store Manager, as needed.
- Consistently promote a positive shopping experience by focusing staff on the importance of connecting with customers. Ensure accountability of staff in building a repeat customer base by providing all customers with exceptional customer service.
- Effectively manage customer complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager regarding day-to-day operational issues of the store.
- Monitor and manage on a daily basis: store and individual sales and key performance indicators, payroll and controllable expenses as well as all company initiatives. Align activities to ensure business goals are met.
- Manage and delegate various tasks/duties to optimize sales productivity and the overall customer experience; Coach and support employees for effective completion of all selling and non-selling responsibilities.
- Keep staff informed of all store and individual sales and productivity targets, marketing and sales promotions and other information to help them provide exceptional customer service and achieve goals.
- Prepare necessary reporting as required by business processes and needs.
- Maintain store standards in all areas of the business, in accordance with company operating policies and procedures.
Leading Excellence through People:
- Consistently foster a positive working experience by treating all staff in a fair and consistent manner as well as promoting safe working practices.
- Promote an environment that encourages participation, creativity and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
- Model behavior that respects the background, experience and cultural differences of others, while upholding the values of the Company.
- Provide clear direction and follow-up while monitoring progress of employees, to ensure timely and effective completion of assignments.
Education: High school diploma; post-secondary education in business or related discipline, an asset.
Experience: 1 year full-time retail experience, preferably with some supervisory experience.
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or Open-Office.
- Decision quality
Approximately between 8 to 25 employees supervised directly and indirectly, depending on the period of the year and the volume of the store.
- Full time must be available to work a minimum of 25 hours per week;
- Part time must be available to work a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.
Travel: May be required to travel to other stores/divisions.
- Able to work in a standing position 90% of the day.
- May be required to lift boxes (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and perform various store maintenance tasks which may require climbing ladders.
- Monday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm